What does Yahoo offer with Mojito?
For Node.js supporters, Mojito will help in higher adoption of the technology (read more about Node.js here). The framework offers the following features:
- Local development environment and tools
- Easier and faster development with the use of one language for client server and server database interactions
- Library for simplifying internationalization & localization (based on YUI 3)
- Integrated unit testing
- Device specific views based on user-agent
- One codebase for client or server execution
- As a module of Node.js, Mojito lets you leverage the scalability and speed of Node.js, its core modules and npm modules
- Extensive API with modules for executing code, making REST calls, handling cookies and assets, accessing parameters and configuration, and more
- Command line tool to run unit tests, create documentation, sanitize code with JSLint, and build projects for iOS and Android applications
Mojito has already been used to develop applications. Yahoo’s Livestand, a magazine reader application for the iPad, and the Fantasy Premier League Football game application are some examples. By open-sourcing the MVC framework, Yahoo hopes to develop improved standards for the development of optimized Web applications and mitigate partial connectivity issues.
Want to give it a try? Download Mojito from GitHub.
So, eager to learn why your business MUST take notice of Mobility ? Or want to decide which app is a right fit for your business? Download your choice !