What we had to Accomplish
CDS, a 62 year old well established company, which distributes pipes, valves and fittings, wanted a mobile app for the iPad and iPhone that would serve the following requirements:
- Provide a glossary of all pipe types
- Drill down ability to view pipe sub-categories and classifications
- Relevant pipe information such as dimensions, composition, finishes, coatings
- Diagrammatic view of the pipe specifications
Good UX Makes all the Difference
CDS wanted a mobile app that suited their brand image and also appealed to its users.
Given that the pipes were classified across multiple levels the challenge was to distil this information into a well thought out mobile app UX design that was easy to use without cluttering up the screens and navigation.
Our app design experts rolled up their sleeves and came up with a cool, bright, light design that instantly resonated with the client. Then our mobile app development team took over, and made sure that the app delivered a comprehensive Pipes catalog that was well organized, fast and a pleasure to use – with interesting features such as pipe diagrams with adjustable dimensions, hi-res images and a comprehensive glossary.
The End Result
- Attractive easy to use pipe catalog
- Easy Navigation across pipe categories
- Extensive pipe information database
- Dynamic pipe dimensioning
An extra special something that we didn’t expect
The mobile app that was initially meant for the CDS field team was considered an asset that could actually showcase the CDS offerings to their prospects and client. It ended up being more widely distributed than originally intended and that in itself was the biggest compliment that we were happy to get.
Have questions about technology, platform, process, pricing? Our expert solution advisors will be glad to help you!