How Did It All Start?Well, it first began with Bring Your Own PC (BYOPC), and then moved on to Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) and now it’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). No – it actually first started with Bring Your Own Chair (BYOC), but let’s not go there for now. Apparently, it’s all about empowering workforces through IT consumerization, a well-meant but not well-thought-out policy that encourages employees to work on their chosen devices. Employees can now access corporate email, updates and even log in to confidential internal portals through their fancy iPhones, Nexuses and Blackberries.
Why Do Employees Love BYOD?
- No more nightmarish outdated corporate-issued devices
- Full freedom to freak out with the latest gadgetry and tech (with corporate permission and blessing)
- Makes work more fun, definitely
- Flexible working – from home, from Starbucks, Café Day
Why Are Corporates ‘Trying’ To Love BYOD?
- Employee-driven IT self-sufficiency. Result? Heightened morale, flexible work timings
- Newer, more advanced tech. Result? Increased productivity
- No more investing in handhelds, no more insurance nightmares. Result? Reduced hardware spend, less paperwork and litigations
- No more device maintenance worries. Result? Reduced IT department workload
So, eager to learn more about Mobility ? Deep dive into your topic of interest !