Apps are all the rage today. Enterprises are building them faster than consumers can download them. But, developing a cool, user friendly app with awesome interfaces and graphics is just the tip of the iceberg. The app’s journey at this stage has merely begun.
What app developers need at this stage is information on app downloads, app usage, user interaction, behavior flow, drop offs, crashes and more. This data is valuable and developers need to this tweak apps to meet customer demands.
And there are a host of mobile app analytics tools in the market that all promise to get the job done. But, mere data is not enough. Its the insights that is gathered from these end user interactions that is key to developing better apps.
So, if you have an app out there, here are 11 key insights you should get from your mobile app analytics tools :
1) User Demographics – Understand who your users actually are; by tracking demographic details like age, gender and location.
2) User Actions – Detailed metrics like actual user actions on a page, instead of just measuring page views. Whats important is what your user does once she is on the page, be it a button tap, accessing content or other actions that have definitive outcomes.
3) User Activity Engagement – Track the actual session history of your user. Understand the complete funnel as you retrace the path that your user took as she interacted with your app.
4) User Drop-Off – Understand the complete funnel and figure out where exactly users are dropping off. This is a very key metric for marketers to increase conversion rates.
5) User Retention – If your users love your app, they will keep coming back to it. And your analytics tools should help you keep track of who they are and how often they come back and if any changes you make are directly impacting user retention.
6) User Engagement – Your analytics tool should give you enough data on users for you to be able to determine how to engage with them through emails, text messages, push or in-app notifications.
7) Real Time Data – Analytics should be able to give you real time insights on user interactions, be it users by app version, geographic location and more.
8) A/B Testing – Another important analytics insight is that it should help marketers conduct A/B testing. Repeatedly making and optimizing changes to the app’s visual interface, user input, button colors, forms and more can help app developers understand and gauge user reaction and achieve optimal user experience.
9) Crash Reports – Obviously, one of the most important insight to be gained from analytics is that of crashes. The tool should help point out crashes, any exceptions, when and where it occurs, on what devices, app versions or operating systems.
10) Feature Focus – As deeper insights are drawn, analytics should help developers prioritize and focus on new features that will draw in maximum users as well as delete /edit existing features
11) Increasing User Base – By continual and consistent insights on app usage and experience, analytics insights should help enterprises increase user base and work towards making more useful and beneficial apps.
Does your mobile app analytics tool provide you these insights? If not, its probably time to dip deeper into all that data !
Here is a copy of The CIO’s To-Do List for 2016. Click on the image to download your copy!