Ever since mobile apps entered the enterprise scene and ushered in new forms of collaboration, communication, and business efficiencies enterprise mobility has become the key strategy for every business.
As decision makers wake up to the swift changes happening in the rapidly evolving lanscape of enterprise mobility, here are some impressive stats that will help you to keep an eye out on the latest trends and happenings.
The Current Scene and Future Expectations
- 61% of companies have a mobile site or optimized their existing site for mobile.
- 64% of decision-makers read their e-mail on a mobile device.
- Around 33% of enterprises are planning to build enterprise app stores.
- 35% of large enterprises will leverage mobile application development platforms (MADP) to develop and deploy mobile apps in 2015.
- By 2016, the number of enterprise applications optimized for mobility will increase by four times.
- By 2018, more than 50% of all mobile apps will be created without coding.
- The global enterprise mobility market will be worth as much as $140 billion by 2020.
Few Disturbing Facts
- Nearly 80% of enterprise mobile apps are abandoned after their first use.
- 64% of employees site poor user experience as the reason for rarely using enterprise mobile apps.
- A study of 1,000 full-time and part-time employees reveals that 43% of smartphone users and 41% of tablet users are not impressed with the corporate mobile apps they’re expected to use.
Enterprise Mobility ROI – Proven Stats
The Eminent Concept of Security - Initiators and Inhibitors
- In U.S, 40% of employees of large enterprises use their personal devices for work.
- As of 2014, there is 75% year-over-year increase in U.S. mobile malware rates.
- Compare to 2011, there is 188% increase in the number of Android vulnerabilities and 262% increase in the number of iOS vulnerabilities.
- 37% of IT security decision makers and practitioners admitted that there is no real-time visibility on cyberattacks.
- 33% of businesses admitted that they never test their mobile apps.
- 40% of large companies do not secure the mobile applications adequately which they build for their customers.
The Future of Enterprise Mobility – Wearables and IoT
- 54% enterprises already have BYOW in place.
- 40% companies are planning to have a BYOW policy in future.
- 70% employees expect their workplace to allow wearable technology.
- 79% of adopters agree that wearables are strategic to their company’s future success.
- 86% of adopters plan to increase their wearable spend over the next 12 months.
- 76% report improvements in business performance since deploying wearables in enterprise.
- By 2019, the enterprise sector will account for 39% of the roughly 23 billion active IoT devices.
- Spending on enterprise IoT products and services will reach $255 billion globally by 2019.
- 75% of decision makers indicated their companies are exploring or adopting some form of IoT solution.
- 61% of executives believe that integrating IoT will add to their competitiveness.
So, have you come across any interesting stats like these? Feel free to share in the comments below!
Learn the seven must haves of a successful enterprise mobility strategy. Download the infographic now!