is no longer an option that CIOs can afford to add to their infrastructure at a later stage. Forward thinking CIOs are adopting a proactive mobile first strategy where the mobile component is on par with other basics such as a data center, Internet, corporate network, PCs, servers, and the like. Organizations that develop and support mobile like any other core platform are better able to leverage mobile opportunities and drive the initiative for maximum utilization across business divisions.
According to CIO magazine’s 2013 State of the CIO Survey that collected data from 563 IT leaders in September 2012, 63 percent of respondents said ‘they meet more frequently with influential stakeholders.’ Also, 20 percent of respondents were viewed as ‘business peers engaged in developing, not just enabling business strategies’. The role of the CIO is transcending into business IT – and that’s a good thing.
Smart CIOs engage with stakeholders to:
- Understand requirements of different user segments and bring IT in the loop.
- Discover aspects in every business function that can be mobilized – sales, marketing, field technicians, logistics, warehouse management, decision makers (middle and senior management, CXO, etc.), knowledge workers, etc.
- Make mobile the preferred choice. For example, enable manager authorizations through mobile or mobile web applications instead of emails or forms.
- Drive security implementations to protect user and business data – with sandboxing of applications, authentications, remote device locking and wiping, desktop virtualization, etc.
- Develop a strategy to implement mobile applications in a phased manner to create a cycle of continuous feedback and improvement for quality applications.
- Focus on the user experience to drive adoption.
- Include reporting and analytics tools in mobile applications to measure usability, app popularity, and ratings to make smart investments.
- Explore avenues to reduce costs of mobile app development and deployment without compromising on quality.
So, eager to learn why your business MUST take notice of Mobility ? Or want to decide which app is a right fit for your business? Download your choice !